Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 24

 It has been a busy week mostly of homeschooling, teaching at the seminary, and meeting up with friends old and new. It would be lovely to have a photographer follow us around so we could capture all the best moments. For now this will have to do.


The week in photos-




<><>
<> 
When you don't have much space, you make do. Cameron and a little friend from Korea, and another one from Australia, have been playing football (soccer) in the hallway of the tenth floor. When I come out to check on him, his chest puffs up with pride as he points at me with his thumb - "That's my Mom". 'Love that little guy.
If you don't mind your lunch staring at you, this is the best deal- for RM 1 (around 30 US cents) ....Spicy coconut rice with a fishie on top. Actually very delicious. <><><><>


The kids have been keeping watch from the 10th floor for a monitor lizard, and yesterday they finally found one- "Quick! Get the camera!". Brandon managed a photo right before it dissapeared in the jungle.
Watching the rainstorm come in-This is quite an experience when you are right at the sea on the 10th floor.


3 comments:

  1. Welcome back Dr Ben and family. Nice to hear that you all are back to Penang, but we are now in down south, Melaka. Will you be here for 114 days?
    If that is so, we may not be able to catch up with you in Malaysia. David Ong and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marian I just finished reading all the blog entries and looking at all your wonderful pictures. I wish I could be there with you!!!!!!! Have a wonderful time each day. What a blessing that you could go and experience again the life and culture and people of Malaysia. I will pray for you and pray that the Lord will open hearts to plant seeds into. I love you guys! I do hope you will be staying in Lodi on your way home to NC. The pool will be cold by then but the house warm and open to having you here to stay or visit. Hugs to all, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure do miss Cam! I am so glad he's having a good time and has made friends! Missing the rest of your sweet family too! You have been on my mind and heart a lot in recent days! Glad to see things are going well but looking forward to your return (for purely selfish reasons of course.. ha).

    ReplyDelete